Monday, January 25, 2016

Working from home? Be super EFFECTIVE and work LESS

I used to imagine that being self-employed or working from home was a luxurious lifestyle, free of rules or scheduling. 

Couldn’t be more wrong!
Over time I've developed a way of working that increases my productivity and allows me to enjoy the benefits of working from home

Here are 12 tips on how to successfully work from home:

  • Rise and Shine

It is important that you set a time every day to start your journey, it will set the tone of your day and you will feel productive from the beginning.

  • Establish a morning routine.

Your morning routine sets the tone for your day. It gives you time to clear your head, get focused and enjoy the extra time you have because you don't to have to commute to work.

I always start my day with setting an intention (be present, content…), then I eat breakfast and take a shower. Taking an hour to do this every day helps me feel centered, focused and energized before starting my work day.

  • Get dressed.

While the idea of spending all day in your pajamas might sound appealing, getting dressed can actually increase your productivity.  In theory you could get the same amount of work done in a business suit or a flannel onesie, but getting dressed for the day helps delineate work time from sleep/relax time.

When you look and feel put-together, you tend to be more productive. Wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident and you'll be off to a great start.

  • Meditate


Even 5 minutes can make the difference. It is scientifically proven that meditation relaxes you, increases creativity and productivity. I can’t begin my work day without the refreshing feeling of a quick meditation.


See you next week with some more secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment